The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
The Safe Havens Advocate will provide oversight and management of Safe Havens supervised visitation and child exchange services, including conducting intake and assessment of program participants; on site or remote monitoring of overall operations during visitation; recruit, train, and schedule visitation monitors; and ensure services are safe, neutral, and in compliance with contract and court requirements. This position reports to the Director of Community Services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the weekly visits including scheduling, staffing, and monitoring visits as needed;
- Recruit, train, manage, and evaluate monitoring staff;
- Conduct and/or oversee pre-service intake and assessments with all custodial and non-custodial parties;
- Conduct pre-service welcome visits at Safe Havens centers for program participants as needed;
- Coordinate and schedule security for visits;
- Supervise visitation monitors to ensure the safety of participants and compliance with program goals and objectives;
- Provide written reports for funders, including monthly and quarterly data reporting requirements through Empower DB;
- Develop and maintain community and statewide relationships with service providers, attorneys, court personnel, professional associations, and other related professionals;
- Attend Safe Havens RICADV meetings and collaborate with Safe Haven’s partners as stated in the Safe Families MOU;
- Maintain confidentiality of client in accordance with VAWA federal laws and requirements;
- Attend LGBTQ+ specific trainings and RICADV related training and technical assistance to support the implementation of the grant; and
- Additional duties necessary for the efficient operation of the agency.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field and three years of relevant work experience;
- Understanding of domestic violence and child sexual assault issues;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Bilingual preferred.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive, list of duties performed.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.54 per hour/$42,000 annual