The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Residential Services and according to established policies and procedures, has primary responsibility of case management of families for Transitional Housing Program.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conducts activities necessary to enroll and support individuals and their children in the Transitional Housing program;
- Records necessary information, explains resident rules, tours units, distributes necessary items, and initiates engagement activities;
- Responsible for implementing transitional services to individuals and families who are leaving the Safe Home or other living arrangement;
- Assists in developing long-term plan for economic stability through employment and/or job training program;
- Assesses aptitudes, interests, specific financial needs, and help client set realistic goals and timelines;
- Provides crisis intervention, advocacy and support to individuals and families in Transitional Housing Program;
- Assists in identifying immediate and long-term needs, reviewing options and setting goals and makes referrals as necessary;
- Maintains demographic statistics on residents in Transitional Housing Program and compile weekly and monthly reports through data entry;
- Represents agency at various local housing providers meetings as needed;
- Facilitates workshops on budgeting and individually set budget plan with heads of household;
- Facilitates weekly meetings as intervention, support, and life skills;
- Responsible for maintaining donations and inventory of donations received in conjunction with other Case Managers;
- Researches and creates links with established local and statewide employment and housing resources such as job banks, businesses, adult education programs, housing authorities, statewide housing organizations, etc.;
- Responsible for receiving, screening, all referrals;
- Assists with eligibility process and appropriateness for Transitional Housing;
- Responsible to provide rotating on-call weekend coverage for families as needed; and
- Additional duties necessary for the efficient operation of the agency.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- A high level of interpersonal skills to provide support and assistance to clients;
- Verbal communication skills to represent agency;
- Commitment and sensitivity to issues related to the needs of families in crisis, particularly those affected by domestic violence;
- The ability to appropriately and effectively deal with stressful situations;
- The physical ability to lift heavy items;
- A valid driver’s license and automobile insurance is required as work involves in-state travel;
- A combination of education and experience demonstrating acquisition of the skills and abilities required;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required; and
- Bilingual ability in English/Spanish preferred.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive, list of duties performed.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 per hour/$36,075 annual