GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Director of Community Services and according to established policies and procedures, has primary responsibility of answering the Victims of Crime Helpline via telephone and internet.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives and responds to the Victims of Crime Helpline from victims in crisis, police and medical personnel, and others. Gives information on services provided and makes referrals as necessary.
2. Maintain comprehensive log of all incoming calls to Victims of Crime Helpline.
3. Perform all tasks necessary to the efficient operation of the Victims of Crime Helpline.
4. Represent agency at various local housing providers meetings as needed.
5. Additional duties necessary for the efficient operation of the agency may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. A high level of interpersonal skills to provide support and assistance to clients.
2. Verbal communication skills to represent agency.
3. Commitment and sensitivity to issues related to the needs of families in crisis, particularly those affected by domestic violence.
4. The ability to appropriately and effectively deal with stressful situations.
Work environment is often noisy, with more than average exposure to communicable disease (colds, flu, virus etc.).
A valid driver’s license and automobile insurance is required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A combination of education and experience demonstrating acquisition of the SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED.
Associates Degree with experience.
Bilingual ability in English/Spanish preferred.
Job Type: Full-time, Second Shift, 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Pay: Based on experience
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50 per hour
Paid time off
Monday to Friday