The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is looking for a Family Advocate to implement the Safe Families Collaboration Program in conjunction with the Family Care Community Partnerships (FCCP).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and strengthen relationships with the FCCPs to provide families in crisis with resources and safety planning;
- Identify underlying issues relating to domestic violence;
- Identify appropriate support services that may assist FCCPs in helping at risk families;
- Assist in identifying additional resources and support to promote positive and expeditious case termination;
- Provide a link with family court in a way to ensure coordination and appropriate family support within the community where safety to the child is not a factor and DCYF intervention is not warranted;
- Provide crisis intervention, advocacy, and support to assist in identifying immediate needs, reviewing options, and setting goals (make referrals as necessary);
- Provide a liaison relationship between parent, children, and professionals in order to provide a comprehensive array of services;
- Strengthen relationships with FCCP staff and the local domestic violence programs;
- Collect monthly data and prepare reports for inclusion in monthly statistics as needed;
- Represent the agency on various designated committees/consultations and providing reports as necessary; and
- Additional duties necessary for the efficient operation of the agency may be assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of child development, effective parenting, behavior management skills, ability to act as a role model for families, demonstrating social skills and communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate with outside agencies providing verbal communication skills to represent the agency favorably;
- Commitment and sensitivity to issues related to the needs families, particularly those affected by domestic violence;
- The ability to appropriately and effectively deal with stressful situations; and
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Work requires flexible hours;
- Completion of the next 36-hour volunteer training for Victims of Crime Helpline; and
- Position requires in-state travel and, thus, reliable transportation is needed along with valid insurance.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A combination of education and experience demonstrating acquisition of the skills and abilities required; and
- Bachelor’s Degree or a level of knowledge equivalent.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive, list of duties performed.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.50 per hour/$38,000 annual