The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic and sexual assault.
The Community Outreach and Engagement Specialist will maintain all community outreach activities. You will represent the agency and work with the Associate Director of Community Services to develop and implement initiatives that increase agency visibility within the community. You will also work in collaboration with the Blackstone Valley Health Equity Zone Coordinator to raise community awareness of health inequities and support the residents in the towns of Cumberland, Lincoln, and North Smithfield.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community event, workshops, appearances; and other communication opportunities;
• Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners;
• Provide educational opportunities to school age audiences as well as professional community partners;
• Help educate residents on HEZ and HEZ projects;
• Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in the community ;
• Create and maintain awareness of both BVAC and HEZ on social media platforms;
• Distribute outreach materials to community members, partner organizations, and businesses;
• Develop, attend, and discover community events to promote BVAC and HEZ program opportunities;
• Prepare accurate records and reports; and
• Assist in the organization of special events.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or human services field;
• Preferred experience in the community outreach field;
• Must be able to travel with use of a personal car;
• Must possess the ability to speak effectively before groups and actively engage the public in outreach situations;
• Outstanding written communication and presentation skills;
• Must possess the ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations;
• Strong knowledge of social media;
• Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time;
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven; and
• Positive attitude and familiarity with community agencies and referrals.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive, list of duties performed.
A sign on bonus totaling $5,000 will be offered after your first six months of employment ($2,500) and then after 12 months of employment ($2,500).
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin.
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18 per hour/$35,100 annual