Bookkeeper – Part-Time
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic and sexual assault.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center, located in Central Falls, RI, is looking for a responsible bookkeeper. This is a new job role due to our growth. The candidate will report directly to the Fiscal Director and the Executive Director. We are hiring for part-time, Monday through Friday, 20 hours per week.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Bookkeeping and accounting (preferably in a non-profit);
• Accounts payable/receivable;
• Filing; and
• Additional duties necessary for the efficient operation of the agency.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and Word);
• Quickbooks Online;
• Grant billing experience (preferable);
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Excellent communication and written skills; and
• Willingness to learn.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related area
• Bookkeeping/accounting experience (preferably in a non-profit setting)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive, list of duties performed.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20 per hour