The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic and sexual assault.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is looking for a Family Advocate to implement the Safe Families Collaboration Program in conjunction with the Family Care Community Partnerships (FCCP).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate and strengthen relationships with the FCCPs to provide families in crisis with resources and safety planning;
• Identify underlying issues relating to domestic violence;
• Identify appropriate support services that may assist FCCPs in helping at risk families;
• Assist in identifying additional resources and support to promote positive and expeditious case termination;
• Provide a link with family court in a way to ensure coordination and appropriate family support within the community where safety to the child is not a factor and DCYF intervention is not warranted;
• Provide crisis intervention, advocacy, and support to assist in identifying immediate needs, reviewing options, and setting goals (make referrals as necessary);
• Provide a liaison relationship between parent, children, and professionals in order to provide a comprehensive array of services;
• Strengthen relationships with FCCP staff and the local domestic violence programs;
• Collect monthly data and prepare reports for inclusion in monthly statistics as needed;
• Represent the agency on various designated committees/consultations and providing reports as necessary; and
• Additional duties necessary for the efficient operation of the agency may be assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of child development, effective parenting, behavior management skills, ability to act as a role model for families, demonstrating social skills and communication skills;
• Ability to collaborate with outside agencies providing verbal communication skills to represent the agency favorably;
• Commitment and sensitivity to issues related to the needs families, particularly those affected by domestic violence;
• The ability to appropriately and effectively deal with stressful situations; and
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
• Work requires flexible hours;
• Completion of the next 36-hour volunteer training for Victims of Crime Helpline; and
• Position requires in-state travel and, thus, reliable transportation is needed along with valid insurance.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• A combination of education and experience demonstrating acquisition of the skills and abilities required; and
• Bachelor’s Degree or a level of knowledge equivalent.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive, list of duties performed.
A sign on bonus totaling $5,000 will be offered after your first six months of employment ($2,500) and then after 12 months of employment ($2,500).
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin.
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.50 per hour/$38,025 annual