Director of Administration and Finance
The Director of Administration and Finance will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative and financial management of the organization. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and collaborative manager with proven experience in accounting, budgeting, contract and grants management; compliance; and, office administration, human resources, and operations. This position reports to the executive director.
Salary range: $75,000 – $85,000 annually
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Oversee and manage day-to-day functions of the organization, including supervision of BVAC’s accounting and office management staff, and other positions as appropriate.
· Oversee and manage agency grants and contracts.
· Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
· Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
· Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with applicable Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards; coordinate all audit activities.
· Implement a robust contracts management and financial management / reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
· Work with the fundraising team to manage grant and donation revenue and ensure grant agreement compliance.
· Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; update the finance department’s overall policies and procedures manual.
· Oversee risk management and legal activities; guarantee compliance with all relevant regulations by ensuring that all program-related functions are conducted in compliance with regulations of the IRS and other agencies to which BVAC is accountable.
· Work with HR & Operations Manager to support the development and monitoring of new and existing organizational plans and projects.
· Develop and update organization policies and procedures as necessary.
· Oversee all personnel, employee relations, equal employment opportunity functions of the organization.
· Participate in HR initiatives and remain current on best practices, laws and regulations.
· In conjunction with the executive director and the management team, establish and monitor staff performance and development goals consistent with the organization’s strategic plan.
· Oversee the professional development/training program for staff and ensure completion of annual performance appraisals.
· Work with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increase financial and operational efficiencies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business, MBA/CPA preferred.
· 8 – 10 years’ of financial and operations management experience in managerial role.
· Demonstrated ability to design and implement best practices in financial and operations management.
· Solid knowledge of non-profit organizations, GAAP standards and fund accounting.
· Proven experience managing the quality and content of all financial and accounting data, reporting, and coordinating audits for an organization or significant department/program.
· Solid understanding of contracts management and compliance.
· Proven experience working with a cloud-based suite of finance, accounting and human resources systems.
· A record of accomplishment in not-for-profit grants management, particularly in the areas of financial reporting and compliance. Federal grants experienced preferred.
· Knowledgeable of best practices in human resources management.
· Demonstrated ability to work with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increase efficiency.
· Flexible and a self-starter who is able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center has a highly collaborative, professional office environment where employees take pride in effectively leveraging resources and fully engaging to deliver excellent results. We value integrity, creativity, and thoughtful leadership.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin. To apply for this position send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Administration and Finance Position