The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non-profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Community Services and according to established policies and procedures, has primary responsibility of supervising the Helpline Advocates and answering the Victims of Crime Helpline via telephone and Internet.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and responds to the Victims of Crime Helpline from victims in crisis, police and medical personnel, and others;
- Gives information on services provided and makes referrals as necessary;
- Maintains comprehensive log of all incoming calls to Victims of Crime Helpline;
- Performs all tasks necessary to the efficient operation of the Victims of Crime Helpline;
- Represents agency at various local housing providers meetings as needed;
- Fill vacancies in Helpline shifts should other staff be unavailable; and
- Additional duties necessary for the efficient operation of the agency.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- A high level of interpersonal skills to provide support and assistance to clients;
- Verbal communication skills to represent agency;
- Commitment and sensitivity to issues related to the needs of families in crisis, particularly those affected by domestic violence;
- The ability to appropriately and effectively deal with stressful situations;
- Associates Degree with experience; and
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive, list of duties performed.
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate against a volunteer, an employee, or applicant for employment of conditions or opportunities for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age or country of ancestral origin.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday – Friday
Salary: $20 per hour